The Super Bowl game will air on Monday in Japan and even vegetarians like to have tail gate snackage and super bowl party food. I thought this was a cool, easy, and fun way to make dippin dogs with the vegetarian links, paired with a jalapeno ketchup and mustard. Plus the hot dogs are so tasty I doubt your meat eating friends will even care or know they're not beef or whatever mixture of animals are usually made with hotdogs.
We had to eat these dogs on Sunday (sat. stateside) because while the big game is going on Monday, we'll be on a ferry on our way to Sapporo to see the ice festival. Can't wait to share some great pics from the ice festival and stuff myself with some delicious Japanese ramen.
Oishii Treat Original
1 Pkg pillsbury crescent rolls, 8 count
1 Pkg Smart Dogs
1 egg white
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Open your package of crescent rolls and along the pre-made dotted line separate your triangles.
- Place 1 dog on the skinny corner of the dough and roll towards the wider end of the triangle
- place on a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet and brush to tops with egg white and sprinkle with your favorite type of seasoning. I used garlic salt, red pepper flakes and italian seasoning
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the crescent rolls are nice and golden brown.
Jalapeno Pepper Ketchup
1/3 cup ketchup
1-2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno, diced small
1 tablespoon of the juice from the jar of pickled jalapenos.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.