But no more! fall is just right around the corner and there are too many awesome apple, squash, pumpkin recipes to share. I love baking and cooking with fall flavors its part of the reason I love this season so much, its not just for the gorgeous foliage changing and the crisp cool sweater weather its also for all that delicious food. Kinda like these blondies I wanted to share, I happen to discover candy corn m&m's at the store and immediately added a bag to my basket, didn't even have to think about buying them because I know I was going to make something tasty with these m&ms.
The blondies are thick, soft and sweet. The m&m's worked out wonderfully with the blondies instead of doing a chocolate brownie. Plus it didn't hurt to add some more white chocolate chips to the batter. The batch will make a ton to share with friends, family or take to work, cause trust me you don't want to keep these around the house to long or you will keep circling the kitchen to grab another bite.
Candy Corn M&M Blondies
3 Cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 bag candy corn m&ms
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 pan and set aside.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
3. Combined butter, brown sugar and sugar in a electric mixer. Mix on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the batter and mix on medium speed until the batter is smooth.
5. Remove bowl from the mixer and add in your flour, mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
6. Stir in the m&ms and white chocolate chips.
7. Pour batter into your greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean. mine took the whole 30 minutes.
8. Let the blondies cool completely and then cut into squares.
Recipe adapted from Mama Miss